Sunday, December 8, 2013

I once read...




I once read, from a small comic a friend gave to me I believe, that a writer will write regardless of the circumstances. It doesn't matter if you are a coal miner who must give up his precious few hours of desperately needed sleep, you will write if you are a writer. I found that disconcerting. I do not feel that way. I can go for days without writing, and most of my stories are content to sit in my head for quite some time before they come out.

Well, this is me saying I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

I started this blog to showcase my writing, and I find that I am still not doing enough writing for my liking. I have weird hangups about damn near everything in my life, and writing is one of them, but damn it all I am done! I am going to write. At this moment I am mentally angling myself towards my play, and am getting an uneasy feeling about it. I recently decided to finish it, so in this vein I went back and reread what I have already written. I think its good. Too good. To the point where I can not believe that I wrote it. I feel that way about everything I write that isn't total trash. If it isn't trash somebody else must have wrote it because my thoughts can't be that coherent or that interesting.

I probably sound like I am some self serving pretentious mad man that just rambles on and on, or I might sound perfectly normal and be incredibly self deprecating and overly critical. I HAVE NO IDEA!

I just need to move. Step by step. Word by word. I know this. I know nothing is first perfect, and that if we are lucky it will be last excellent, but never first perfect.

I do apologize for my musings here, but hey, it is my blog I will write what I want on it.

If anyone is curious as to why there is a picture of Starry Night on this post it is because I like it. Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists, and probably the only one that I would name if asked that kind of question. My brain can wander freely like it is listening to a piece of classical music when I am looking a Van Gogh.

Grrr argh. Ramble. Sputter. Chaos. Destruction.

Yeah, all that business.

Coherent writing will begin again tomorrow. One way or another.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment