Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Hate asking for Help









I am an idiot. I have sat here feeling super embarrassed about putting together a "GoFundMe" site since I did it about fifteen minutes ago. I am sure my face has gone from pale, to yellow, to red about a hundred times in the last few minutes, and I just realized that there is no point in it.

GoFundMe is an online fundraising program that helps people gather money for various things, school costs, travel expenses, business ideas, sports teams (I am assuming for kids) and various other things. It works by setting up a site and then contacting basically everyone you know. It does this in broad sweeps through Facebook, Twitter, and email.

After I set it up and sent it out I realized that I had basically asked everyone I knew for money. I felt like a beggar before I started and wanted to be sick. But then I thought about it. I have never not helped someone who I could. I have given money to complete strangers, shared food with homeless people, held doors, volunteered and helped organize charity drives, and been a generally good person my entire life. For my friends I will go WELL out of my way, but they are my friends. I know that they have my back as much as I have theirs. I will still go out of my way for people I hardly know, not to the point of foolishness, well maybe sometimes, but still! I am willing to give everyone a fair chance.

No one is perfect, and if I understand that people need help sometimes, then I should understand that I also need help sometimes.

I still feel a little weird about this whole GoFundMe thing, but not sick and embarrassed like I was before.

Check it out at GoFundMe.Com and check out my page too if you want to read my story and help out. I am not going to repost it here, I am still not that comfortable with it haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment